You can only control what you are aware of.
What you aren’t aware of controls you.
We often find ourselves being pushed around by such things like old habits that we are unaware of, past programming that is no longer relevant or blockages that we have managed to forget about. The only way we can change these old patterns is by first becoming aware of them. That is why raising awareness is at the very core of handling any change you need to do in your life. It is at the very beginning of the process and nothing can be done without it.
If you need to raise your awareness in order to work with change it therefore goes without saying that you should avoid drugs and medicines that numb you and lower your awareness. Common drugs that should be avoided are alcohol, opiates and pharmaceutical antidepressants. Caffeine, nicotine and cannabis are also numbing when used on a daily or close to daily basis. Junk food and sugar are also really bad for awareness.
Things that will raise your awareness include meditation, exercise, mindful sex, good food cooked from scratch, herbs, hugs and playing. This is of course also why psychedelic medicines are such powerful agents of change, because they drastically raise our awareness.
So do you want a tip for a New Year resolution that will help you immensely and that you can always find new ways of being true to? Promise yourself to be more aware this coming year. Instead of focusing in on one specific, such as exercise, see the bigger picture. It all comes down to awareness and you can become more aware in so many different ways. Give yourself a bigger promise this year, and at the same time make it one that you can keep.
Make 2016 all about awareness.
Photo: amber us by Shannon Kringen on Flickr
Breathe in glitter.
Breathe out black smoke.
Breathe in rainbows.
Continue until the smoke and grime is gone;
until you are only breathing glitter and rainbows.
● ● ●
I have Milea to thank for this sparkly version of a cleansing breathing exercise. One often hears that one should breathe in light and breathe out smoke until all the dark is gone, but it I find it to be much fun with glitter and rainbows. And you can of course change it to what suits you best.
So go ahead.
Close your eyes.
Breathe in pink bubble gum flavour, kisses, spring air, love, respect, and the smell of freshly baked bread.
Exhale factory smoke, old sweaty gym socks, dishwater, dog poop, anger and envy.
Now how do you feel?
Photo: Breathing out the Warmth by LearningLark on Flickr
We generally get what we ask for. Therefore, it is important to have a clear picture of what we want. This exercise will help you formulate your perfect future. When you can see your goal clearly, it will be easier for you to consciously strive in that direction.
● ● ●
1. Identify the main areas of your life that you want to work with. You should use these as headings, so it is important that they are short.
Example: health, home, school, spiritual development, family, work, friends, mood.
2. Take three to seven headings and write them down on a piece of paper, with plenty of space under each heading,
3. Now think about each heading individually. What would be your ideal situation? Summarize this in a maximum of seven points under each heading.
4. When you are done you have a clear list of what you want. This is your to-do list to create your perfect life.
5. Now ask for what you want and need. You can for example do so by thinking about and visualizing the end result. Choose a way that feels good for you. The important thing is that you sincerely send that wish out there.
6. From here you can work with the list in the way that feels best to you. Some just put it in a drawer and are confident that their subconscious will do the rest. Others stick it on the refrigerator door so that they are often reminded of what they want. If you really want to immerse yourself in working with the list, you could for example meditate on the various headings and actively and consciously make choices that lead you to realize your ideal future.